You may wonder how much of an impact your support of FVM brings to communities in Malawi, but as we receive feedback, from people like Chief Taulo below, we understand that FVM is truly accomplishing it's mission of ministering to the needs of people - spirit, soul and body and "Building Brighter Tomorrows". Please read Chief Taulo's story to be encouraged by how FVM has helped support and transform his community...
In 2009 when Future Vision Ministries asked about what development activities we wanted to have in this area, we mentioned especially nursery school and primary and secondary education. We also lamented about the scarcity of safe water supply. Within 12 months, Future Vision started working with us in the provision of tuition fees to needy students, preschool and feeding programme, construction of child care centre facilities, water, eye care activities and doing Bible Studies. I, like all of my subjects, have witnessed tremendous positive development in this area. I, personally, have been enlightened in my Christian walk and gained knowledge on how to participate in development projects in our area. All chiefs under my leadership make sure they own the projects. If you asked any member of this community about development, everyone would tell you that we started to understand our role in development quite well after Future Vision Ministries helped us discover ourselves. Slowly we started getting enlightened about taking full part in whatever development want to do for and with us. We appreciate so much. Dan and Anita Hayhoe were the first foreign visitors from Canada to come to this community in August 2010. And since then, we receive visitors from USA or Canada every year. May God richly bless all supporters and partners.
- Christ Lutheran Church from Nebraska (USA) visited the nursery schools that FVM-C is supporting. They had time to interact with children and community members. They donated some learning materials as well.
- In preparation for Netball and Football tournament finals there were some play-off games to come up with two teams to compete on June 30th, 2018. The winners and runners up will walk away with some gifts.
- Community Health Committees were being revamped for easy facilitation of health interventions in the community.
- HIV and AIDS Awareness meetings and upcoming campaign.
- Sports tournament on June 30th.
In His Service,
Newton Sunday Sindo