The period between mid-April and mid-May 2019 was full of usual activities, but predominately FVM assisted in humanitarian aid endeavours following the flash floods that affected many people in Malawi. Your response to the plight of the flood victims has been very encouraging and significant. Thank you!
The distribution of food resources was significant and necessary for the people recovering from the floods:
- 14,500kg of corn (maize) which is the main food in rural Malawi was purchased costing MK3,124,600 (about $4,280.28 USD) to feed 580 families (average of 2,320 people) for one month
- 11,800kg has been distributed
- The humanitarian aid shall reduce malnutrition especially among the elderly, children and pregnant women.
- The food will help the affected people resettle in their homes
- Beneficiaries and the Malawi Government appreciate such a timely assistance.
$2.50 CAD feeds 1 person for a month.
- Upcoming sports tournaments, eye screening & HIV Awareness campaign
-Malawi presidential, parliamentary and local government elections that peace will prevail.Thank you again for your ongoing interest and support of FVM in Malawi. You can check out more detailed reports on our website www.fvm.on.ca
In His Service,
Newton Sunday Sindo