What has been happening in Malawi...
Among them is Grace Likome (pictured below), who is disabled from birth. She is doing her third year in secondary school and has been so grateful with the opportunity to be assisted with the financial needs associated with her education.
- 411 children are enrolled in pre-school and get nutritious food daily in the two child-care centre locations.
- Epidemiological study in the Taulo region commenced and is expected to be completed the first week of March 2022. Three meetings have been conducted with Malawi Ministry of Health officials to make sure the study is conducted within the required timeline.
- 52% of the loans FVM provided as micro finance for small business start - ups have been paid back already.
- 129 young people were reached with sexual and reproductive health messages in conjunction with Student Christian Education of Malawi (SCOM).
- Only two community-based Bible Study sessions have been conducted because most people are busy working in the crop fields.
- Radio broadcasts in Chichewa and ChiTumbuka Languages have been going well on Trans World Radio.
- Protection from effects of storms, especially rainfall that can destroy the crops.
- Teacher volunteers’ refresher course in March 2022.