THANK YOU FROM YOUR MALAWIAN FAMILY
(AND A REPORT ON THE EFFECT OF CYCLONE ANA IN MALAWI)
The Educational Scholarship Program and the Sexual and Reproductive Health Initiative (SRHI) required a total of $20,000 and you, our faithful partners, responded generously meeting and surpassing that goal!
Thank you again. The effect of these programs is profound and brings about positive and lasting change in the lives of many beneficiaries, their families and communities.
More than 1,190 children from Chifundo (Mercy) nursery school in Nandolo and Chinangwa nursery school in Taulo have graduated since FVM began working here in 2010. The first group is now in the 3rd year of secondary school.
(Pictured above right)
SEXUAL AND REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH INITIATIVE (SRHI)
Due to its flat low-lying geography, Taulo is subject to flash flooding.
- Number of households affected: 1,788
- 17 people were injured and treated as outpatients.
- 1 little girl died when her house collapsed on her.
Nandolo is situated on higher ground on the side of Mt. Mulanje consequently was spared flooding but was hit hard with extremely high winds due to the cyclone.
- 34 houses were destroyed.
- 677 households (2,708 people) are experiencing food shortages.
- There were no deaths but one child suffered minor injuries and is now recovered.
EMERGENCY NEEDS include food, mats and blankets, sanitation essentials, mosquito nets, notebooks and clothes for children especially.
Your Future Vision Ministries team