We have so much to be thankful for. Let's not forget this weekend to thank God for His goodness...and we thank you for your partnership with FVM as we support Malawian initiatives like the one Newton Sindo reports in the following news flash!
The construction of Chatani Bridge in the Nandolo community is reaching its completion stage. This bridge will bring great joy to this community. This has enhanced happiness and unity among members of the community. The pillars are raised up and what remains is to put concrete across the river. Community contribution in form of labour has been so huge.
- New academic year has just started in Malawi. The nursery schools that FVM supports have resumed and the children are still enrolling. FVM continues to provide learning materials, training to teachers, and feeding of the children of ages 2 to 8 years.
- There was Youth Retreat, in partnership with Mulunguzi Presbyterian Church, where 120 young people attended for three days in September, 2017. FVM facilitated with other local pastors and speakers.
- The end of primary school education exam results were released two weeks ago and we are yet to recruit some new students under education assistance.
- There have been continued interface meetings with different stakeholders, such as Malawi Government sectors, other NGOs, community leaders and faith community, on making sure all are appraised with what FVM is doing in "Building Brighter Tomorrows". Notably, the meeting with Dignitas International provided opportunity of future collaboration and partnership in carrying out HIV Testing and Counselling (HTC) and ART (Anti Retroviral Therapy) programs in the areas FVM carries out its activities.
- Weekly radio broadcast of the good news on Trans World Radio has continued without disruptions. The success story being that we continue receiving very encouraging testimonies from listeners from all over Malawi. “Ndine Chawinga nkhukhala ku Mangochi. Nyengo zose nkhutumbikika na upharazgi winu pa TWR. Ntheura nadumula kuperekako chuma chane ku TWR. Nitumirani ndondomeko ya bank account (I am Mr. Chawinga living in Mangochi. All the time I listen to your programmes on TWR I get blessed and have decided to donate my finances to TWR,” said one radio listener.
- Upcoming eye screenings. Please pray for the doctors and wisdom in treatments and surgeries.
- Completion of the construction of the Nandolo bridge.
Newton Sunday Sindo