REBIRTH OF ENTHUSIASM!
After a seven month break due to COVID-19, schools and early childhood programs have resumed with great relief. Early childhood development and education are a nucleus of sustainable and lasting transformation within a community, thus FVM has renewed focus on these areas. Two initiatives of great importance are...
- Education and youth development - 5 (out of 62) students dropped out from secondary school due to early marriages and lack of interest in education. This represents 8% of the young people who get assistance from FVM Education Support Program. We are planning to engage the boys and girls in sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) initiatives.
- Community members produced their own face masks through the trained community women tailoring group.
- 4 evangelism open air sessions were conducted in four communities, while 13 Bible Study sessions were conducted at the Child Care Centres (Pictured below left)
- FVM distributed hand-washing plastic pails to 10 schools in the city to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. (Pictured below right)
- God’s care during the pandemic
- Schools will continue to stay open amidst the pandemic
- Recovery of Malawi’s economy
- Possible coordination of sporting activities amidst Covid-19