This report highlights the activities that have taken place from the last half of January to the first half of February, 2016.
The following is a summary of the activities that took place within the recent period:
- A small piece of land that FVM bought five years ago for the community members is well being worked upon by the volunteers. However, like all the crop fields, had been negatively affected with the insufficient and erratic rains this year.
- The 1,500kg of soybean seeds for multiplication which was distributed to community members has been scorched and no yield is expected. Very sad.
- 40 people had their eyes screened, 13 received glasses and five need to undergo surgery
- The turn up for eye screening was not so good because just two days before the exercise, the community had just received some rains which they had missed since December 19, 2015 so many people had gone into their crop fields to at least work
- Eye glasses were purchased at subsidized costs because of the cordial relationship between FVM and Lions Norway and Malawi’s Ministry of Health
- Weekly Community based Bible Studies (with Pastor Justin Falinya) were conducted for four times. Many people have been coming for fellowship
- Radio broadcast of the Gospel is going on well. Very encouraging feedback from listeners is being received from time to time. “Nthawi zonse ndimayetsetsa kumvera ulaliki wanu pa TWR (I like listening to your preaching on TWR)”, a listener from Dedza.
- Some parts of Zomba which were recently hit with Cholera are recovering from the disaster.
- Preschool and feeding programme still continues. 600 children benefit from the programme.
- Continued preschool & feeding
- SCOM Conferences
- Good rains in the 2015/16 growing season
- SCOM Conference