This is a first 2016 posting. Happy New Year to all supporters, partners and friends! The just ended year was both exciting and challenging. It was the year in which a lot had been accomplished with your unceasing support. About 700 underprivileged children were given food throughout the year. More than 3,760 people (940 families) were given relief food in form of maize (corn) which is the Malawian main food. Again, thank you for your support.
This report highlights the activities that have taken place from the last half of December 2015 to the first half of January, 2016.
The following is a summary of the activities that took place within the recent period:
- Two days before Christmas 400 families (about 1,600 people) were given at least 25kg maize per family
- 300 households received soybean seeds for multiplication
- Communities had a Christmas party
- Weekly Community based Bible Studies (with Pastor Justin Falinya) were conducted
- Tailoring lessons were conducted, facilitated by Yonasi Pindani and George Lumwira
- Some parts of Zomba were recently hit with Cholera. The people of Taulo were oriented on sanitation and general cleanliness to prevent Cholera. Maria Phiri (one of the education beneficiaries) facilitated
- Radio broadcast of the Gospel is going on well. Very encouraging feedback from listeners is being received from time to time
- Victor Kawonga, CEO of Trans World Radio (TWR) paid a courtesy to FVM office in Zomba (Malawi) to appreciate the partnership between FVM and TWR
- Rains started well but it has not been forth raining since 19 December, 2015 to date so much crop is being scorched in Taulo
- Continued preschool & feeding
- Eye Screening and treatment on 1 February, 2016 followed by surgery on the date to be arranged
- Good rains in the 2015/16 growing season